Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Great Dippin' Dots Disaster

Hellohello(: Today I tried something new- making Dippin' Dots. I got a Dippin' Dots maker last Christmas, and just now tried it.

I opened it and it was a MESS. All the pieces were falling apart, and the place where you put the Dippin' Dot mix kept leaking EVERYWHERE. On the box it says that you can use it with different flavored mixes, which has you automatically assuming that you get the chocolate and vanilla mixes in the box.
You don't.
Instead, you have to mix 8oz. of water with a tiny bit of your favorite soda and pour it into the mold (which is extremely hard, by the way) then freeze it for 2-3 hours. I tried that with Dr. Pepper, then got it in the mold before the whole machine fell apart. Right now, the mold is in the freezer, and I can predict that the Dippin' Dots are going to taste like watery soda. Here is the end result of the machine-
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *cough cough*

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, Emily<3

PS- To end on a happy note, here is an adorable picture of my border collie Maggie begging for food

7 comments:

  1. hey! so how did you get your blog to become so popular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of the views were from my mom and sister's blogs, they're really popular. I just blog about what interests me and stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i think your blogs awesome- keep at it

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks!(: I think your blogs are cool too

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww you have such a cute dog!
    Don't you hate it when kits like that don't work? I remember my brother got some candy maker for Christmas and the candy tasted nasty. aww you have such a cute doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been able to keep up with blogs as well as I used to... but I decided pop on over here today and was thoroughly entertained by this post. Sucky that the machine didn't work right because how cool would it have been to make Dippin Dots at home! Fail. But it made for a great blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Im so glad you threw it away!
    -Ana

    ReplyDelete

Hi(: I lovelovelove reading your comments! Thanks for visiting my blog and have a fantastical day!

xoxoxoxo Emily<3