Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Weekly Sunday

Hello-hello fellow bloggers! Today's post is the debut of The Weekly Sunday! This post is going to be about anything important that's happened the last week.
  Now, because this is my first post on this subject, I haven't taken any pictures to upload, and unfortunately, I don't exactly remember most of the week, so I'm going to just do the past few days.

Monday, August 1st
-------------------------------
I finally started homeschooling! I did one algebra class and three English classes. Since then, I've done quite a bit more (including three Science, three History, three Bible, two Algebra, and one English). In reality though, homeschool is actually not as  bad as I thought it would be! MOST of the teachers aren't that bad, and the homework is okay. The only bad homework is in Bible class, where I have to memorize verses by a certain date (I have oral tests on them). After I take the first test, I get more verses, and so on. Here are the verses I have to learn after the first test:
   "Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the lift of the world."

I have to memorize THAT by lesson 10.

Wednesday, August 3rd
--------------------------------
I got my Tetanus shot at the local high school, where, unfortunately, mostly everyone I hated from school was there. I'm not normally afraid of shots, but I'll admit, this one HURT. When I first got it, I had thought that the nurse had accidentally poked me with the needle. Then my arm started stinging horribly. Ever since then, the spot around where I got it is bruised and whenever I move my arm it hurts. ICK.

Friday, August 5th
--------------------------------
(Nothing remotely interesting happened on Thursday, so I skipped it.)
Mom and Mandy left for Vegas (tears), leaving the house for me and Dad the entire week (cheers!). But around 4, Dad came out and told me that he had food poisoning and was going to be sick (he had deli chicken from the nearby Price Cutter- yikes!). Poor him got sick the rest of the day and all night, leaving his bathroom for only 10-20 minutes at a time. This is his third time getting food poisoning, unfortunately, and me having a fear of barf didn't help. That and Mom wasn't here, so I had absolutely no idea what to do.

Saturday, August 6th
------------------------------
Dad was sleeping all day on account of staying up all night, so I basically had to take care of the house. He was feeling better and actually ate a slice of pizza for dinner, which is a good sign. That and he didn't get sick. My ear was freaking out on me all day so I couldn't hear out of it, which meant no homeschool for me. Boring, no?

Well, this was the past few days of my excruciatingly interesting life.  (sarcasm intended.)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, Emily<3

2 comments:

  1. Does your mom homeschool you or do you do virtual school? Love your blog :) I found you via your sister ---you're both amazing! :)

    http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do A Beka Academy, which is virtual. Each class is a video. It's kinda weird though, whenever a student answers a question, they have to stand up, look at the camera, and talk through a microphone.

    ReplyDelete

Hi(: I lovelovelove reading your comments! Thanks for visiting my blog and have a fantastical day!

xoxoxoxo Emily<3